Bio & Profesionnal Experience
Alumnus of Dauphine, HEC Paris & INSEAD, Damien CABADI is Chief Financial Officer of a new regulated financial entity started from scratch in Luxembourg.
He was previously CFO of MassMutual Europe, life insurance subsidiary of the American MassMutual group.
Before, he evolved during 8 years in the BNP Paribas Luxembourg Group where he managed, coached and motivated several financial departments, with assets under management up to 5 billion euros.
He firstly began his career as a financial auditor at Ernst & Young and at Certified Public Accountancy firm in Paris. Then, in 2004, he came to Luxembourg, attracted by its vibrant and international environment.
With seventeen years of experience in financial services, he considers new technologies and innovative solutions applied to finance as a growth opportunity: digitalization, robo-advisors, crowdfunding and payment. Moreover, he mentored various Fintech startups in Asia, Africa and Europe on their financing needs.
A Financial Executive who developed a unique expertise explaining shareholders value creation through customer metrics:
- Customer metrics: Customer Lifetime Value (CLV or LTV), Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC), annual return and pricing of a customer with a specific CAC and churn, valuation of a viral customer, CLV with upselling or cross-selling potential.
- Growth valuation: cash flow management, fund raising pitch and valuation in a high growth environment (growth>WACC).
He is also convinced by the necessity to implement a “Responsible Leadership”. A leadership that would not be limited to a profit goal. A leadership that would be integrated with the societal challenges of tomorrow: respecting the environment, bringing innovation and development. To conclude, an inspiring guide giving employment to the local communities and fostering well-being among its employees.
Honors & Awards
- TOP 100 Influencers in Financial Services – Refinitiv (Ex-Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk)
- TOP 10 Emerging Fintech influencers – The Financial Brand
- TOP 100 Wealth Management influencers – Onalytica
- Fintech Influencer to Follow in 2019 – Jay Palter
- TOP 100 Fintech influencers – Kcore analytics
Volunteer experience & associations
- Mentor: Fintech Europe organized by Village Capital
- Member: Luxembourg Business Angel Network
- Board member: HEC alumni Luxembourg
- Donator: Solidarités International
Shaking up finance